Humans come and go, but love remains…forever! But as they say, a writer’s love never dies because they etch their feelings for their loved ones. Those poems, quotes, and statements become perpetually classic. We thought, why not collect 30 such timeless quotes about love and relationships in one post to inject you with enough love to get through the month?
The world is weathering what no one ever imagined we’d encounter. Say, here’s an idea, why don’t we try and lift the moods of our loved ones with these timeless quotes about love and relationships? Send one each with your daily good morning messages, or leave a note by their bedsides to let your special people know that they are loved and should always be hopeful and optimistic during these trying times. We’ve got you covered with these classic love quotes for the next month!
30 Timeless Quotes About Love and Relationships
1. All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.”- Leo Tolstoy
It would help so much if the people around start thinking, doing, and understanding things with love. Life would become as easy as ABC. It’s much better than swimming across the waves of jealousy, hatred, and unwanted competition.
2. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
Ahhh… wouldn’t all women want that…. just that? This quote by Marilyn Monroe should remain in the timeless quotes about love and relationships for the centuries to come.
3. “True love is a discipline in which each divines the secret self of the other and refuses to believe in the mere daily self.”- William Butler Yeats
Poet William Butler Yeats’ expression about true love is profound and attention-grabbing.
4. “Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.
Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers’ eyes.
Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers’ tears.
What is it else?
a choking gall and a preserving sweet.”- William Shakespeare
Those in love will never deny that love is nothing beyond madness, so what if we’re mad in love? Go bonkers! And if no one else but Shakespeare quoted this, it sure will be an everlasting entry in the list of timeless quotes about love.
5. “Love has features which pierce all hearts, he wears a bandage which conceals the faults of those beloved. He has wings, he comes quickly and flies away from the same.”- Voltaire
Yes, love does hurt, but love also heals!
6. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
There’s no better way to describe the love you had and now lost 🙁
7. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
The moment love clouds our gloomy hearts, we become poetry lovers and dig deep into the list of timeless quotes about love to woo our partners. Plato says it emphatically!
8. “I could never love where I could not respect.”- Charlotte Elizabeth Aisse
We agree! There’s no love where there’s no respect.
9. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels. Some are stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.”- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex And The City
Even though from a movie, Carrie Bradshaw’s ideology about love has become classic, and this love quote is one of them.
10. “Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.” – Charles Dickens
Be there for the people who love you, and be there for the people you love. It’s as simple as that!
11. “Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.” – Jeff Zinnert
We’re back where we started; love is eternal, much like these timeless quotes about love and relationships. Their essence will forever tingle our hearts to celebrate the joys of love.
12. 19. “I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” – Lauren Oliver
Together or apart, there are some things that people around us cannot control for us!
13. “Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell
We can hear you calling your closest friend right now only to say, “I love you!” Go for it.
14. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho
If this is the kind of conspiracy the universe plans, we all want in!
15. “Love is energy: it can neither be created nor destroyed. It just is and always will be, giving meaning to life and direction to goodness… Love will never die.” – Bryce Courtney
Love will never die, and neither will these timeless quotes about love! They’ll forever stay alive through people like us <3
16. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
Who’s staying up these days?
17. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
The world could surely use more people who could put more love into their acts of giving, especially during this global pandemic.
18. “Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.”- Sir Arthur Wing Pinero
This quote by Sir Arthur Wing Pinero is yet another of those timeless quotes about love that reinstates that only humans are mortal; love is immortal.
19. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
Strike of the conditions; if it’s love, it has to be unconditional!
20. “Love alone is capable of uniting living beings in such a way as to complete and fulfill them, for it alone takes them and joins them by what is deepest in themselves.”- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
What better time to embrace this one from among the timeless quotes about love than now?
21. “Romantic love reaches out in little ways, showing attention and admiration. Romantic love remembers what pleases a woman, what excites her, and what surprises her. Its actions whisper: you are the most special person in my life.”- Charles Stanley
Here’s another one of the classic love quotes for those who won’t stop asking, “What is it you really want?” Exactly this! Throw in some romance.
22. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
Those in long-distance relationships and marriages are vigorously nodding their heads in agreement with Kahlil Gibran’s love quote.
23. “Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.” – E.E. Cummings
By all means, let love take the front seat.
24. “We are shaped and fashioned by those we love.” – Geothe
Those in our lives have so much to do with who we are and who we become.
25. “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”- Catherine Earnshaw, Wuthering Heights
The line from Emily Brontë’s novel has become irreplaceable among the other timeless quotes about love.
26. “Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter.” – Melissa Marr
Sad, but true :'(
27. “Falling in love is a wonderfully terrifying sensation.” – Steve Maraboli
One of the most honest timeless quotes about love, this one by Steve Maraboli, reflects the feelings of every heart that’s falling in love.
28. “Love is real, real is love.” – John Lennon
Simply put, by John Lennon, this love quote is ageless.
29. “Don’t try to stop your heart from falling in love, because in the end it may be worth it.” – Fad Ibra
Take the chance and make that free fall; who knows, you’ll end up with “the one?”
30. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
The last one on our list of timeless quotes about love is Zelda Fitzgerald’s genuine articulation of how no one knows the amount of emotions the heart can hold for the people it loves!
After diving deep into curating this list of timeless quotes about love and relationships, we feel soaked in love. What about you? You can agree by liking our post and leaving us a star rating below. To stay in love and find your way to and through it, subscribe to us here.
Copyright © 2020 Love Smitten, India, Inc. All rights reserved